Scripture Union International Statement of Faith
The Bellinger Valley Christian Gathering (BVCG) is a Bible-believing, community church which aims to provide a loving and nurturing, Christ-centred fellowship.
- In One God
- God is eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God embodies infinite love & goodness, has unlimited power, is all-knowing and his decisions are always right.
- God created and sustains the Universe.
- In Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord
- We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, and the authenticity of His miracles. We believe in his death on the cross in our place, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest and Advocate, and His personal return in power and glory.
- That each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost and therefore subject to God’s condemnation.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith.
- In the Holy Spirit
- By the grace of God, we are renewed by the Holy Spirit and become children of God.
- The Holy Spirit lives in us and helps mould our characters to become more like Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit gives Christians spiritual gifts and empowers believers for godly living, service and witness.
- In Eternal Life.
- After we die, our souls will live forever. Our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by whether or not we accept Jesus as the Lord of our lives.
- At some future date, Jesus Christ will come back again and take his followers to be with him in Heaven.
- The Bible is the Word of God.
- The Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is the uniquely inspired Word of God.
- The Bible is totally trustworthy and is therefore the ultimate authority on how we should live. Its message is applicable to our daily lives.